Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Sunday 2 June 2013

Welcome to the world of Uniquely UK

Hello my lovelies :-)

Sorry for being absent for a while... we had a wonderful holiday and came back last weekend, very reluctantly!

Having spent the week trying to get my head back in the game, I am now feeling quite motivated to get things going again!

However I may have mentioned that I'm going to be exhibiting at the Home & Gift Fair in Harrogate this year, so I've decided to keep the majority of my shops shut for another month to give me enough time to prepare for the event.

Buuuuuut.... there is one shop that I won't be closing as it's really new and very exciting and a collaboration with 9 friends... it's called Uniquely UK!

We are all existing and established designers & makers, who sell through Etsy, but we have felt for a while that we wanted to do something as a group to try and bring the unique, high quality and unusual items that we make to the forefront of UK consumers' awareness.

We are working towards running our own website, but in the interim we have opened a Folksy Shop


And here are the lovely Designers that I'm working with:

Purse Poppet
RDR Photography
Rebecca's Emporium
Tatania Rose
The Feminine Touch

I would LOVE it if you guys would check out our collaborative shop and if you've got 5 minutes (although you'll get lost and spend hours ;-p) check out the gang's individual shops!

Now I'm off for a long overdue catch up at Wendy's Handmade Harbour Blog......xxx

PS. I've also got links to two of my cohorts' blog posts about our shop - both blogs are fab and worth reading so I thought I'd add their links in here:

The Feminine Touch's Post
Rebecca's Emporium's Post

20 comments:

  1. That's an interesting idea a collaborative shop! Hope it does well I will pop over and have a look now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patchwork :-) We're going to start on some complimentary items next! Simmi xx

      Delete
  2. I wish you every success in your new venture. The products look lovely and I'm sure you will all do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! We're all really excited about it :-) Simmi xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds very exciting Simmi, and I wish you all lots of luck and even more sales. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill - we've had a bumper week with sales, which is a great start! Simmi x

      Delete
  4. Good luck to all of you Simmi- it's looking very good and cohesive as a shop, though you all have your lovely individual styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny - it's really fun seeing where we do match items in colour or style :-) Simmi x

      Delete
  5. I wish you all the very best with your new collaboration. There are some beautiful items in the store (love the London bus and campervan !!!!) customers will be spoilt for choice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope that this new venture works for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow that's a really interesting idea, i wish you all every success with it :) i just popped over to your Folksy shop, everything is so gorgeous! what a talented bunch!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie :-) We're hoping that the concept of one shop with a combination of different things will appeal! Simmi x

      Delete
  8. Lovely blog posting Simmi, great to see you are excited about this as I am. If anyone wants to read my viewpoint on this great new venture , then take a read here - http://bloglaunchfemininetouch.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/uniquely-uk.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh good thinking Sandra - I should have linked to your post in mine... will go and amend! Simmi x

      Delete
  9. Just been to have a look, there are lots of lovely things there :)
    Good luck with getting your own website up and running

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane :-) It's so lovely that everyone's taken the time to have a look at the shop. Simmi x

      Delete
  10. Good luck - look forward to hearing about it as things progress.. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - I hope I don't bore you all too much ;-) Simmi x

      Delete

I really appreciate all comments made on the blog (it reminds me that I'm not talking to myself!) so just wanted to say thanks for adding your thoughts. Simmi x

Sharing Buttons