Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Saturday 14 December 2013

Creating Felt Baby Mobiles

As regular readers of this blog will know, I have joined with a group of other UK based artists, designers and creators to try and highlight the quality of Handmade products in this country. The new website is called Uniquely UK

We have started a blog, to try and raise the profile of the site and I recently wrote a piece about the process of creating a bespoke item for a customer.

The item in question was 3 enormous cloud baby mobiles, definitely the largest things I'd ever tackled!


If you want to hear more about the steps I went through to get to this point of having a 3.5 foot wide cloud hanging in the only room in my house with a high enough ceiling to take a decent photo, have a read here

5 comments:

  1. Just read your post on the other blog, and you're right, it's huge !!!!!!!!! You must have had to send it by crate to the US.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully the customer was happy to stuff it herself, so I just made the clouds and put a Velcro opening in - other wise I think it would have been cheaper to book 3 airplane seats to fly them over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to take a look.

    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this
    to my followers! Outstanding blog and great design and style.


    Feel free to visit my web blog :: investigate this site

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments made on the blog (it reminds me that I'm not talking to myself!) so just wanted to say thanks for adding your thoughts. Simmi x

Sharing Buttons