Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Wednesday 30 April 2014

A Mini Break (a la Bridget Jones) to Exeter

As you might know, if you are a regular reader of this blog, or have been anywhere near my Facebook page we've had a pretty busy Easter and Birthday Month (my Birthday is St George's Day so I tend to celebrate for the whole month!)

But one thing that I wanted to share with you, which had very little to do with crafting, but was exceptionally lovely was that my gorgeous husband surprised me with a weekend away in Exeter for my birthday, whilst my Mum & her other half looked after the kids!

We stayed in a lovely part of the city, in the Mecure Southgate near the Cathedral:



We travelled by train, which was a treat, as usually we drive everywhere and spent the most wonderful 3 days traipsing round the city centre, eating, drinking and soaking up the sun. It was bliss!

Beautiful part of the Castle Gardens

I had to take a pic of this cute little door in a bigger door

Lovely old buildings in the Cathedral Quarter
The highlights for me were that the hotel had a swimming pool and Jacuzzi (which I used every day!) and the meal that Brian had booked for us at Michael Caines Abode restaurant:



Photos courtesty of the Michael Caines Abode Website
Not only was the food, atmosphere and service impeccable, but when they found out it was my birthday, this appeared at our table in the bar (after dinner):


All in all a lovely break away and a very big thank you to my Mum & her other half for looking after the kids!!

One thing I've not mentioned here, but which I will fill you in on soon, was our trips to the two craft shops in the city centre - hopefully some exciting news about them in the not too distant future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all comments made on the blog (it reminds me that I'm not talking to myself!) so just wanted to say thanks for adding your thoughts. Simmi x

Sharing Buttons